Sat, 01 July|
Ruth doesn't know any other rivers (Picton baby!)
should be a super fun day out on the picton. If you can't tell - it's post darkmofo uni break and I need to get my socks wet!
Time & Location
01 July, 8:00 am
The sheds!, 40 Olinda Grove, Mount Nelson TAS 7007, Australia
About the trip
Calling all ye faithful, joyful and addicted!
Come watch me hit lines down the Picton (refuse to guide and frontseat guide instead) after some good good rains!
Meet at the sheds at 8 am, it gets dark early and i'm obviously very excited. This trip is open to anyone and we are hyped to see you there!
- Will likely be wet and cold! we heavily encourage thermals to keep yourself warm and cosy to go under a wetsuit
- water is likely to be high and fairly pushy and quick,
- a lunch stop is not permitted on ruth trips, but i dare say there will be some sour patch kids.
- great oppertunity to have some guiding practise or just admire the beautiful picton!
- purples are a better boat choice
If it's your first trip:
Make sure you have joined the club!
Make sure you bring swimmers or thermals to go under your wetsuit, the water is cold!
Pack a towel, dry clothes and shoes to change into.
Bring money for petrol costs and any food you want to buy.
Wear enclosed footwear on river (Something you can swim in like Dunlop Volleys, Wetsuit booties, etc)
Warm woolen socks if you have them.
Wetsuits and all other gear you need to paddle can be provided by the club!
For further details on what to bring see our guide: What to bring on your first rafting trip
Trip Leader: Ruth Steel 0455 393 444 or look me up on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/ruth.steel.904/
Senior Guide: Joshua (cowboy) Resta YEHAWWWW 🤠 🤠 🤠 🤠 🤠