Thu, 26 Jan|
18mm of rain in the Picton catchment, looking promising.... Beginner Friendly!
Time & Location
26 Jan 2023, 8:00 am
The Sheds, 40 Olinda Grove, Mount Nelson TAS 7007, Australia
About the trip
I'm desperate for a paddle but the Picton is looking promising.
Meet at the sheds (see location of event) to pack gear at 8am then head out to the Picton or another river depending on water level. We will stop at a bakey on the way to the river to get some snacks. Justin will be canoeing and I will be kayaking but we will hopefully have enough of our guides turn up to make a trip happen.
What you need:
- Join the club and pay your 'First Trip Fee' here: Join the club!
- Swimmers or thermals to go under wetsuit
- Towel and dry change of cloths and dry shoes
- Money for the bakery and fuel
- Enclosed footwear for on river (Something you can swim in like Dunlop Volleys, Wetsuit booties, etc)
Wetsuits and all other gear you need to paddle can be provided by the club!
For a more detailed description please give this a read: What to bring on your first rafting trip
If anyone needs a lift to the sheds then reach out and we will see what we can organise!
If you have any questions please shoot me a message or text.
Trip Leader: Joshua Resta
Contact: Facebook is perfered otherwise my mobile is 0480165665
The Sheds: Tasmanian University White Water Rafting Club, 40 Olinda Grove, Mount Nelson TAS 7007