Sat, 13 May|
An open to anyone, holy pilgrimage down our favourite river.
Time & Location
13 May, 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
Mount Nelson, Olinda Grove, Mount Nelson TAS 7007, Australia
About the trip
The Picton is looking like it will be at a beautiful level this Saturday! Lets get in a lovely, well paced trip before we reach the pointy end of the semester. We will be looking to bring smaller boats and solo boats, taking our time and learning new skills on the river.
This trip will be suitable for all members of any skill level, it could be your first trip or your 30th.
Date: 13 / 05
Time: Olinda Grove Sheds 7am.
Meeting at the sheds (Olinda Grove) at 7am to pack gear and organise transport. From there we will drive to Huonville for a quick breakfast stop before meeting at the get in (CORDS). We will take out the boats out at Tahune before shuttling back to the sheds.
If it's your first trip:
- Join the club and pay your 'First Trip Fee' here: Join the club!
- Make sure you bring swimmers or thermals to go under your wetsuit, the water is cold!
- Pack a towel, dry clothes and shoes to change into.
- Bring money for petrol costs and any food you want to buy.
- Wear enclosed footwear on river (Something you can swim in like Dunlop Volleys, Wetsuit booties, etc)
- Warm woolen socks if you have them.
Wetsuits and all other gear you need to paddle can be provided by the club!
For further details on what to bring see our guide: What to bring on your first rafting trip
Any questions message Liam Mangan-Smith on Facebook or text Liam on 0430965191